Information That You Provide
We collect information and personal information from you. The categories of information we collect can include:
● Nomination information. We collect information that you provide when you submit a nomination for The Cloud 100. This information may include your name and e-mail address, as well as information about the company that you nominate.
● Inquiries and Feedback. If you contact us, we will collect the information that you provide us, such as your contact information and the contents of your communication with us.
By providing us with information, you represent and warrant that you have all required permissions to provide us with the information.
Information That Is Automatically Collected (Cookies and Other Technologies)
We also automatically collect information about you and any computer or device you use to access the Site. Some of the information we collect, and ways we collect it, include:
● Cookies. When you visit the Site, we may send one or more cookies — small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer or device that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, computer, or device. A cookie may also convey other information to us, such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, unique device identifiers, your browser settings and specifications, and information about how you use the Site (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click, and other actions you take on the Site). Cookies also allow us to track your usage of the Site over time.
● Log Files. We may record log file information each time you access the Site. This information may include information such as your web request, IP address, browser type, unique device identifiers, information about your device, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Site, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
● Clear Gifs. We may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons or pixel tags) which may collect information about you, your computer or device such as your web request, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, information about your device, pages viewed, information about cookies, all of which can show your Site usage patterns.
Mobile Device Information. When you access the Site with a mobile device, we may collect and store a unique identifier associated with your device, mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, operating system brand and model, or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device.
We may permit third party ad networks, social media companies, and other third party services to collect information about you, your computer or device when you visit or use the Site. This information may be collected automatically, including through cookies, social media plug-ins, and other technologies. The information collected, and manner in which it is collected, may include the information and methods described in the “Information We Collect, and How We Collect It” Section above, under the “Information That Is Automatically Collected (Cookies and Other Technologies)” heading. These third parties may collect information about your use of the Site over time, and they may combine it with other information that they possess or obtain about you, such as about your use of other websites and services. These third parties may use this information for our or for third party purposes, including commercial purposes such as tailoring advertising to you on the Site or in other locations like third party websites and services. For information about choices that you may have about this information collection and use, see the “Your Choices” Section below.
We collect, use, process, combine, retain and store personal information that we collect or receive for a variety of purposes, including the following:
- For our business activities, including to operate the Site and accept any nominations you make;
- To announce and publicize companies that are selected for The Cloud 100;
- To communicate with you and respond to your requests, such as to respond to your questions, and contact you about your nomination or changes to the Site;
- For our marketing and advertising purposes, such as to communicate with you about our business and services, and opportunities for collaboration;
- For analytics and research purposes, including announcing and publicizing benchmarking data as long as individual company financial performance metrics are not publicized;
- To enforce this Policy, to resolve disputes, and otherwise to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights, and to protect our business interests and the interests and rights of third parties;
- To comply with contractual and legal obligations and requirements;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide personal information; and
- For any other lawful purpose, or other purpose that you consent to.
We also share and provide personal information to third parties, including:
- To Forbes, to judges, and to others that help us in selecting and publicizing The Cloud 100; provided that neither Forbes, the judges or others will receive full financial information;
- To service providers, subcontractors, partners, consultants, and others subject to confidentiality obligations with us that help us with any of the purposes noted above or otherwise in this Policy;
- To our affiliates, all for the purposes noted above or otherwise in this Policy;
- To third parties to respond or comply with, in our sole discretion, a court order, subpoena, law enforcement or other government request (with or without notice to you, in our discretion);
- To other third parties upon your consent; and
- To third parties, in our discretion, to: (i) satisfy any applicable law or regulation, (ii) enforce this Policy, including the investigation of potential violations thereof, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations, or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of us, the Site, other Site users, or third parties.
In general, we do not maintain personal information in a format that you can access or change. If you would like to request access to, or correction or deletion of personal information that you have provided us, you may send your request to us at. We will review your request, and may require you to provide additional information to identify yourself, but we do not promise that we will be able to satisfy your request. For example, the personal information may already have been relied or acted upon, and we generally do not take steps (or have the ability to take steps) to undo prior reliance or actions. We also may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement, cause the information to be incorrect, or if doing so would be burdensome in our discretion.
We strive to give you choices about how your personal information is used. These choices include the following:
Marketing E-Mails. We may send you marketing e-mails from time to time. If you do not wish to receive them, you can opt-out following the unsubscribe instructions in the e-mails. We will work to honor your request within 10 business days. If you opt-out, we will still send you e-mails for service purposes, such as for responses to your requests.
Online Advertising. As described above in this Policy, we collect and may permit third parties to collect information using cookies and other technologies. You may be able to “opt out” of some of this information collection by actively managing the settings on your browser or mobile device, but we do not promise that such settings will be effective. Please refer to your browser’s or mobile device’s technical information for information on the settings offered for cookies or other tracking technologies. To learn more about cookies, you may wish to visit https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0042-cookies-leaving-trail-web and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Choice Opt-Out pages at http://www.aboutads.info/choices and http://www.aboutads.info/choices-mobile (for mobile devices).
While we want to honor your privacy as described in this Policy, unfortunately the Site does not monitor for or behave differently if your computer or browser transmits a “do not track” or similar message to us or the Site.
We take what we believe to be commercially reasonable steps to help protect personal information that we collect, but we do not guarantee that personal information will be completely protected. For example, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Any transmission of personal information by you is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the illegal acts of third parties (such as criminal hacking).
We tend to keep personal information for as long as we deem necessary for our business purposes, or as otherwise required to operate the Site, comply with your requests, or comply with applicable law.
The Site is not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13, and believe that your child may have provided us with personal information, please contact us at email@example.com and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete that information.
The Site may provide links to third party websites and online services. This Policy does not describe the privacy practices of those websites or services. Please review the privacy policies of those websites or services before providing personal information to them.
We may amend this Policy from time to time. When we do so, we will update the “Last Revision Date” at the end of the Policy. Your continued use of the Site after an updated Policy is posted constitutes your consent to the revised Policy.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Revision Date: 2019
Please follow us on Twitter @cloud100 to get updates and results.